Welcome to another episode of Website Wednesday! Today’s website critique is all about how to create a powerful homepage. Even though this review is focused on a website for a holistic educator and essential oils advocate, these tips apply to anyone in the health and wellness space wanting to start or improve their website.
Before jumping into the review I gotta’ say… I’ve missed Website Wednesday! I had to put a little pause on the series so I could focus on hosting our 5-Day Brand Challenge and supporting the amazing challengers. But we’re back in action now and have implemented a plan to stay consistent with this series. If you’d like to join our next brand challenge, click here to sign up!
CREATE A POWERFUL HOMEPAGE
In today’s video you’ll see how I would apply the following tips to Melissa’s website. You’ll also get more insight into certain tips and details that you don’t want to miss! As always, there are three things I look at for these critiques (visuals, messaging and user-functionality) and Melissa requested that I focus on the MESSAGING aspect of her site. Let’s get into it!
Here are five ways to uplevel your website homepage:
- Focus on your customers’ frustration and transformation. Don’t be afraid to call attention to it in the header. You only have a few seconds to capture visitors’ attention so you want your message ‘above the fold’ to be clear, captivating and action inviting.
- Have a strong CTA (call to action). After you capture your audience’s attention, you have to tell them what to do. Do you want them to book a call, check out your shop, buy something or sign up to your newsletter?
- Offer a valuable but simple freebie or opt-in. Be aware you don’t overwhelm new visitors by offering too much information or asking for too many details upfront. It’s most important to build a relationship and trust first!
- Provide a section for your featured services. Before a new visitor leaves your site, they should know how they can work with you and if applicable how much it costs OR they should know the process to hire you.
- Infuse your personal brand throughout your home page. If you have a particular method you use or if you focus on a specific niche (especially if you are also part of that niche) don’t be afraid to say so!
Thank you Melissa for submitting your website for review! Xoxo, -M
To watch this video directly on FB, click here.